Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 1~ Shakespeare's Love

So the prompt for today was to write a poem with the first line being the same as a famous first line. Enjoy!

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Or would that turn out to be too cliché?
Iambic pentameter would be fine
If I could only write it out in time
Before you leave my side once and for all
Before you leave me here to sink and fall
A summer's day has to end sometime
But I want you forever to be mine.

If music be the food of love, play on
So I can here forever your love song
But I cannot play you my melody
For love is just not what you want of me
"Oh, what a fool this mortal is!" you cry,
For you are but a goddess in mine eye
And I am but a fool you're far above
Infatuated by the thought of love.

I suppose parting is not sweet sorrow
If I am not to see you once tomorrow
Forgive, I couldn't give the love you sought.
The Bard was loved by you, but I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment